I’ve been reading a bit about Project Based Learning and decided to give it a try with my Spanish IV class in a few weeks. I plan on letting my students know up front that this is a first for me and I will be learning along the way just as they are. Anyway, I’m going to ask them what kind of trip they would take if they had $5000 to spend. The only caveat is that it has to be a Spanish-speaking country/countries.
I expect them to plan a two week itinerary including all the nitty gritty details like which airports they will use, how many layovers, what quality hotels, etc. I feel like it would be a good project because it’s so open and can include so many other disciplines. I think it will definitely be process oriented (instead of product).
Some of the things I want them to learn/do:
- Use Evernote or Memonic to keep track of and share everything
- Learn about other countries/cultures
- Convert currency
- Learn about Geography
- Learn travel vocab in Spanish
- Learn about travelling
- Based on location, think about weather (Northern/Southern hemisphere) and clothes to bring
- Get them to experience the web in Spanish (have them search in Spanish)
No related posts.